Jason C. Eckles
Brother Eckles was a dedicated undergraduate whose collegiate career consisted of balance which showed itself from fraternal through social life. Brother Eckles exemplified the qualities and characteristics of education excellence, civic engagement, and camaraderie throughout his collegiate career.
The Jason C Eckles Eastern Regional Scholarship honors undergraduate members of Iota Phi Theta who are dedicated to the personification of fraternity principles. Each year, the selected outstanding applicants receive scholarship in the amount of $500 to help fund their education.
The scholarship is open to undergraduate members of Iota Phi Theta who are registered with an undergraduate chapter in the Eastern Region. Nominations for this award may be submitted by the student as a self-nomination with inclusion of an essay on how you have exemplified the qualities of education excellence, civic engagement, and camaraderie throughout your collegiate career.
- Scholarships can be awarded to members of Iota Phi Theta in good standing and attending a college or university for at least one (1) full semester prior to selection.
- Applicants must be a recognized member of a financial undergraduate chapter at time of application.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited college/university in the United States. Applicant must include either a college transcript OR, certified letter from the Bursars office attesting to current enrollment at college/university.
- Applicants must have an accumulated grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 OR BETTER on a 4.0 scale. Proof of GPA from official school transcript must be provided.
- All nomination packets will include a completed application form, essay, transcripts, and any supporting documentation you would like to have considered by the selection committee.
To apply you must:
- Complete and sign application form. (Scanned copy of manual signature required)
- Attach photo copy of your membership card -OR- submit your membership ID number.
- Provide proof of enrollment for the current semester the application is submitted.
- Provide copy of college transcripts for proof of GPA requirement.
- Attach a written essay on exemplification of educational excellence, civic engagement, and camaraderie.
Completed applications are due date-marked by March 1st 2019
Applications must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org